A gentle hands-on approach providing profoundly effective signals to the brain which promotes healing and recovery. Specific stimulus of special receptors in tendons, muscles, and ligaments results in deep relaxation and resetting of muscle tension levels, pain relief, increased range of motion, lymph drainage, and reduced inflammation. BOWENWORK helps the body remember how to heal! Sessions are generally done in a series of three, once a week for three weeks. Over 200 conditions are benefited by the Bowen Technique. From headaches, to hammer-toes, to hemorrhoids, BOWENWORK can help!
BOWENWORK can assist recovery in over 200 conditions which are greatly improved, such as:
- Traumatic injuries
- Arthritic pain
- Stroke recovery
- Pain from inflamed muscles
In some cases, just a few treatments are needed to resolve issues. This approach promotes and supports the healing process. It is effective for infants, the elderly and frail, as well as the conditioned athlete who wants to improve their performance and faster recovery from injuries.
General Benefits of BOWENWORK
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. Massage is an effective tool for managing this stress, which translates into:
- Decreased anxiety.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Greater energy.
- Improved concentration.
- Increased circulation.
- Reduced fatigue.
Massage Therapy can also help specifically address a number of health issues such as:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body's natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body's largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body's natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.